Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Earth citizens, thank you for flicking off your switches last Saturday. Although only some participated, it has brought a big change to the income of TNB and maybe they should think of cutting off the tariff a little bit before another earth hour happens which is ‘kiamat’. I had a nice evening during the session. I actually went back to my hometown and trying to preach the perils of global warming to the chicken, my 7months old baby, my husband and my parents. Of course my parents didn’t understand a thing about global warming but at least they know how to save the electricity bill from going up by switching off the tv and forced us to go to bed when we were watching tv3 nightline.
So that night after maghrib we start our engines and heads off to the seaside where we planned to have satay for dinner. It’s my treat for everyone in the family after a grisly period of unemployment. Not trying to show off anything but I missed the times when we used to have a frequent night out. It’s one of my efforts to bring my life back on track after a certain hiatus mode. While waiting for the satay to come or while waiting for the satay man to slaughter some chicken to make the satay(it was a long wait..) Again, witnessed by the ‘windy’less night(no wind at all although we sat near to the beach), I was giving a hopeful message to my parents of the hazards that might come if we don’t give a damn about global warming. Inside, I laughed hard looking at their clueless faces. During the whole ‘makan’ time, my baby was sleeping cutely in his dad’s arms. The night went successful.
It wasn’t a starry night but thanks to the satay people for using lesser lights, that was my main concern anyway. But it was enough to participate indirectly in rebuilding the ‘ozone’ bit by bit for someone who cares about where she lives and breathes. We’re depending to this only land we have and without it, meaning we’re done too. I hope there’s a future for my son and for his generation. People, I’m urging you to plant trees while you still can and don’t bother the DBKL. Let’s make KL ‘semak samun’ with trees and to the 8tv host ‘chi’ who hosted the earth hour event that day, you look hot man, heh!

No comments:

Post a Comment